Thanks to a comment by Jackie Bolhuis recently, I replaced my stamp pads which brought me up to date and allowed me to get rid of old, well used pads. This got me to thinking about all the other things that tend to get put off until ‘later’.
Quilters / Sewers
- Changed the needle in your machine
- Gathered all your notions and put them in their assigned spots.
- Sharpened scissors
- Replaced blades on rotary cutters
- Checked your UFOs and decided which to work on and which to discard
- Updated your inventory
- What needs to be used in the freezer or fridge?
- What needs to be replaced?
- Checked the expiration dates on your spices
- Reviewed those recipes you’ve saved ‘until later’
- Reset your modem
- Reviewed the streaming channels you subscribe to
- Checked those subscriptions you have but might not keep up with
- Reviewed your calendar(s). What needs to be changed or removed and what can be added?
Hard as it might be to imagine, now is the time to start thinking and planning for the Winter Holidays. Some projects that a lot of time while others might be managed at the last minute. Things to think about:
- Sewing or Quilting Projects
- Gather patterns, fabrics and notions
- Paper Crafting
- Holiday papers and inks are starting to appear
- Homemade Gifts
- Collect the recipes and put together a shopping list
- Start collecting the necessary dry goods now
- If you are planning on making fruitcakes, now might be a good time to start them.
Have I missed anything?
Let me know!
If this has been helpful, please let me know by clicking on the “Like” button! Thanks!