I learned to make this handy mix years ago. It is the basis for pasta sauces, meatloaves, meat balls, or hamburgers. The ingredients are simple and probably have a place in your pantry.
I’ve been known to make batches and put them in the freezer for later use. This is especially helpful when there is a sale on at the market.
All Purpose Ground Beef Mix
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Freezer Containers
- 2 pound ground beef or ground chuck The lower the fat content the milder the flavor.
- 1 pound sausage meat remove any casings
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg beaten
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder. Beat to combine. Add meats and mix only until fully combined – do not over mix.
- If freezing, separate into portions and add to containers. Don't forget to label the containers with the contents and the date prepared. Freeze.
- When you are ready to use, take the container out of the freezer the day before and defrost in the refrigerator.