If you need the directions to the Fresh Apple Cake, check out the printable below.
Fresh Apple Cake
This has become a fast favorite.
Servings 12 people
- bundt pan Tube pan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts OR pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins OR dried cranberries
- 4 cups peeled, sliced OR shredded tart apples
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour bundt or tube pan.
- OPTIONAL: soak raisins in 1 -2 tbsp of rum and set aside.
- Prepare apples.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugars and oil. Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, folding in the nuts, raisins, and apples.
- Spoon into the prepared bundt or tube pan.
- Bake for 75 to 90 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert it onto a cake plate.
You can change out the nuts or leave them out completely. You have the option to replace the nuts with raisins and or dried cranberries. Be sure to add the soaking liquid (rum) with the raisins. You have the option of slicing, chopping, or shredding the apples.