Customize to your heart’s content
I have been craving tuna casserole lately but have not been in the mood to start up the oven. I found an interesting recipe over on Campbell’s and it worked a treat. Upon reflection, however, I thought that the basic recipe could be adapted to whatever you had on hand.
One Pot Skillet Casserole
- tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 10.5 ounce can Cream Of … Soup use your favorite
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup UNCOOKED medium pasta small shells would work
- 10 ounces cooked protein canned tuna, chicken, left over roast
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir in the soup, water and uncooked pasta and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tuna and 1/3 cup cheese and cook until the mixture is hot. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the croutons and the remaining 1/3 cup cheese (the heat from the pasta mixture will melt the cheese).
- canned tuna
- canned chicken
- left over roast chicken, pork or beef
How will you create this recipe?