I don’t know about you but I’m always looking to change up my menu rotation. Boring is boring after all, right?
Yesterday I came across the latest from Mandy In The Making over on YouTube where she shared three favorites and, while I think all three are interesting, it was the ‘Hamburger Goo’ that caught my attention. Perfect timing, too since I had a pound of ground beef in the fridge.
Now, I don’t eat green peppers because they don’t particularly set well with my tummy, but after reading the comments in her vlog post, I decided to try my spin on the recipe.
See what I did and then check out the video. Her recipe links are in the description box below the video over on YouTube.
Hamburger Goo (OPC Version)
- 1 pound ground beef or ground chuck
- Onion Powder To Taste
- garlic powder To Taste
- salt To Taste
- ground black pepper To Taste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ cup ketchup
- Sauté ground beef with the next four ingredients.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup cream of mushroom soup and mix together. I used about 1/2 can of water to rinse the soup can and added it to the pot
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes, but you can let it simmer for at least an hour to to 1 1/2 hours, stirring to avoid sticking.