I treated myself to some broccoli cheese soup and some of my favorite cornbread today.
You can choose your own favorite soup and accompanying bread, but I offer the recipe I use for you to try:
Copycat Marie Callendar’s Cornbread
Not quite the original but tasty just the same.
- 2 Cups Bisquick or other baking mix.
- 1/2 Cup Corn Meal
- 1/2 Cup Sugar use less if desired
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted and cooled
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 each Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into pan.
- Bake – Check for doneness at 25 minutes.