When the weather turns a bit chilly and it isn’t quite comfortable enough to be outside using the grill, I love to tuck a couple pork shoulder roasts on my broiler pan and put them in a moderate oven for about 90 minutes to get them brown, juicy and flavorful. To make it even better, I’ll add potatoes to bake alongside.
If you have a broiler pan, now is the time to use it! I spray both the bottom and the rack of mine with nonstick spray and be sure to add about 1/4 cup of water into the bottom of the pan. That way any juices or fats that render won’t smoke.
Roast Pork Shoulder Steaks
- Broiler Pan
- Cookie Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- dried sage
- 1 – 3 lb Pork Butt Steak – Bone-In
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray the broiler pan with non-stick spray to aid in clean up
- Season the meat when you place it on the broiler pan
- Roast on the first side for 45 minutes, flip meat to the other side, season, and return to the oven for the remaining time.
Because the main portion of the meal is pretty much hands off, you have time to add a side salad and easy dessert.
This meal would also be a great option for a dinner party or holiday meal. 😉