Hot Dogs. Pork and Beans. Cornbread
This family favorite is a combination of budget friendly, kid friendly, time friendly foods.
Last week I stocked some items in my pantry that would be easy to fix if the weather turned (it did) and things got a bi dicey. Frankly, I got several bits of comfort foods that I don’t normally buy, but they have made wonderful meals while the weather outside was awful.
This recipe is not quite corndogs, not quite beans and franks, not quite … and a bit of all of them.
Beans, Dogs, and Corn Bread
- 1 8 x 8 square baking pan
- 15 ounce Pork and beans
- 1 package hot dogs
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan with baking spray.
- Slice the hot dogs and place them in the baking pan. Cover with the pork and beans.
- Combine the milk, egg, and cornbread mix as per the instructions on the box. Pour the mixture over the beans and hot dogs in the baking pan.
- Bake until the top is brown and tests done using a toothpick.Be sure to insert the toothpick as close to the bottom of the pan as possible.
You can easily double or triple this recipe just be sure to use a baking dish that is big enough and to allow enough time for the batter to cook through.