A simple option to make use of left overs
I don’t know about you but I hate to waste food. I especially hate to waste a good pot roast. One of my favorite go to options for the end of the pot roast is to turn it into a stew. Since I always have frozen vegetables and cream soup on hand, this is an easy solution. You could always make your own cream soup and use canned vegetables.
Left Over Pot Roast Stew
- 1 Dutch Oven or Oven Safe Casserole Dish 5 quarts
- 2 Cups Cooked Pot Roast Cut to fork size pieces
- 1 – 2 Cups Gravy Left over from the roast
- 1 Can Cream of Soup Use your preference
- 1 Can water Use the empty soup can
- 2 Cups Mixed Vegetables Frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Adjust the middle rack to accommodate the pan if needed.
- In the cooking pot combine all ingredients and mix.
- Cover and put into oven to bake until warmed through.
- Once the mixture is heated, pull out of oven and test seasonings. Adjust to taste.
This is a great ‘clean out the fridge’ recipe that you can adjust to suit your taste or make use of what you have on hand.