I recently picked up a pork roast and eagerly added it to my menu. The tender juicy meat can be used for the center piece of a meal or added to casseroles or sandwiches.
I love the ease of a slow cooker method as more often than not I get a tender juicy result with little effort. I’ve even been known to put it together the night before and let the slow cooker work overnight. I admit I wake up HUNGRY but dinner is pretty much done by the time I get up in the morning. LOL!
Here’s my recipe:
Easy Slow Cooker Roast
- Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Liners
- 3 – 4 pound pork or beef roast
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Line the slow cooker with the liner.
- Season the meat on all sides and then add to the slow cooker
- Set to LOW for 6 to 8 hours
- 1 – 2 Carrots, coarsely chopped2 – 4 Potatoes, coarsely chopped1 Onion, coarsely chopped1 stalk Celery, coarsely chopped
- Add the vegetables into the slow cooker BEFORE you put in the meat. Add 1/4 cup of water.