I recently picked up a pork roast and eagerly added it to my menu. The tender juicy meat can be used for the center piece of a meal or added to casseroles or sandwiches.
I love the ease of a slow cooker method as more often than not I get a tender juicy result with little effort. I’ve even been known to put it together the night before and let the slow cooker work overnight. I admit I wake up HUNGRY but dinner is pretty much done by the time I get up in the morning. LOL!
Here’s my recipe:
Easy Slow Cooker Roast
The easiest way to slow cook a roast and get amazing results.
- Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Liners
- 3 – 4 pound pork or beef roast
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Line the slow cooker with the liner.
- Season the meat on all sides and then add to the slow cooker
- Set to LOW for 6 to 8 hours
- 1 – 2 Carrots, coarsely chopped2 – 4 Potatoes, coarsely chopped1 Onion, coarsely chopped1 stalk Celery, coarsely chopped
- Add the vegetables into the slow cooker BEFORE you put in the meat. Add 1/4 cup of water.
This basic recipe works for pork roast, beef roast, turkey breast, and chicken pieces. Do not be tempted to add water if you are not including vegetables. Do not put in too much water! The meat has sufficient moisture that will become the sauce or gravy base. If you are uncertain, check after an hour and adjust as you see fit. Seasoning is flexible but keep in mind that a little goes a long way when you are slow cooking. The long cooking time gives the meat time to not only reach a ‘done’ temperature, but also time to become tender and juicy. If you stop at a shorter time you run the risk of a not so tender roast.